Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Thoughts

It is hard to believe that Addison would have been 5 weeks old today, but instead she will have been gone for two weeks tomorrow. I feel completely lost without her. I had prepared since last July to be a mom, and now I have the battle wounds of pregnancy with no child to hold.

I know that there is a reason for God only lending Addison to us for such a short time, but it does not make any of this any easier. It is hard to imagine that someone can change you for the better in just 22 days. I am now trying to figure out who I am and what life will be like after Addison. I keep searching for the answer to why so that I can act on it.

One thing I know is that I have been very blessed in my life with a loving family, friends, and church. It is one of those things that you get so wrapped up in your everyday life that you forget to enjoy them all and take it for granted and it takes something like this to make you slow down and realize that you are loved and very blessed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart aches for you, Marion. I am here if ever you need me. Know that Addison will always be loved and never forgotten by so many. She has forever changed my life.

Liz and Shane said...

Addison touched so many lives and made a big impact in ours. We will always remember your beautiful daughter. I have you and Jason in our daily prayers.

the swain's said...

Marion and Jason,

I know this is a really hard time for ya'll but always remember we are here for you whenever you need us. We love you and prayer for you every day.

Love ya bunches,

Mom and Dad

Maxton's Mommy said...

Marion,
You took the words right out of my mouth. Tuesday I kept thinking that Maxton should be 3 weeks old and instead I was picking out his coffin. Today I should be picking up my baby and rocking him but instead i will be burying him. It is simply not fair. While at the NICU there were so many babies without parents there visiting them and I wonder why God took Max from me when he would have been so loved on this earth and yet gives babies to parents who seem not as deserving. I am not really angry with God as I know that Max has changed me for the better and maybe that was his purpose in life, but I still long for him. I know this next year and the years to come will be incredibly hard, but know I am here if you need me. July will be a particularly hard month as that is when I found out I would be having Max, as well. Call if you need me (we are also only a few hours away!) (615) 367-0183.
Ashley

Craig and Kristi Kuehl said...

I have to agree with what Liz said. Your Addison did touch so many of us and we will keep her memory alive and continue our fight against CDH so that none of the "Angels" are forgotten. I want to ask for permission to make an "Addison Angel" for Kaden's isolet to watch over him and give him strentgh to fight. He will be here in 8 very short days and I am completely terrified.

We are going to release ballons for Addison and Max on the 31st. They have touched so many lives...

Stephanie said...

I can only imagine part of what you're going through, as Kamryn is still in my tummy. My heart just aches for you with all you have gone through. I know you must be doing your best to be taking things one day at a time. I'm so glad to hear that you have friends and family rallying around you to take care of you. I can only imagine the confusion and frustration you are feeling. I pray that you find peace with all of this. Addison is in such great hands of our Father, and she also has company up there with Baby Joseph and Baby Maxton now. She's watching over you and will always be your angel. Forever...

Love, Stephanie
Kamryn Hope's Mommy