Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thoughts

I woke up this morning hoping that yesterday had been a bad dream and Addison would still be here. I think that the reality that she is gone is starting to sink in. I wish that I could change all of this and have my little princess back with me, but that is not an option. I instead have to make sure that this journey with her is not ever forgotten. I know that I will not ever forget her or the lessons that she taught me. It is strange that an infant can be so wise and strong beyond its years. I think that Addison was one of God's precious angels loaned to Jason and I for a short time to make a difference in our lives and the lives of others that she touched. I know that I am thankful to have had 22 days with her and cannot even put into words how she has changed me and made me a better person.

I also wanted to mention. We met a family at the Family House whose 9 year old son has relapsed and is fighting terminal cancer. They gave him 3 - 6 months to live. Please keep Dylan and his family in your prayers.

9 comments:

Alex, Ingrid, Alina & Robbie Houchin said...

Oh Marion,

My heart goes out to you and your family during this difficult time. Virginia was such an amazing little girl and I know that she cherished every moment that she got to spend with you. You are in our prayers.

Hugs,

Ingrid & Alex

Craig and Kristi Kuehl said...

Marion, your strength inspires me. I wish I could change the outcome, but we all know that is not a possibility. I pray that you & Jason find peace in the weeks to come, and remember, she is a gift--and always will be. Please keep in touch with us--you are forever a part of our family.

Meta said...

Marion and Jason,

I am so very sorry for your loss. Addison was loved by so many people and supported by so many prayers in her short life. Most importantly, Addison knew she had two parents who loved her deeply and would do anything for her. There is no better gift you could give your little girl. Thank you for sharing her story with us. Addison will never be forgotten. The three of you are in my prayers.

Love, Meta

Anonymous said...

We are so sorry for your loss. Addison inspired so many and although our loss is nothing compared to that of you and Jason please know our hearts ache and there will forever be a hole in our lives because of Addison's passing.

We are here if you need anything. We are praying faithfully that God show you His mercy during this time of grief.

Shannon said...

Hugs and love. I wish I knew something better to say :(

Fer said...

Dear Marion,

My heart aches with yours. Addison was such a little fighter and she did touched my life. I am praying for you.

Love,
Fer

RUBY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RUBY said...

Marion and Jason,

We are praying for God to give you strength and comfort during this painful time. Addison will not be forgotten. I know you cherished the time you had with her here and she knew how much she was loved. Now, she is in heaven but will always be with you here also.

We Love You

Ruby, Al, Sharon, Mark, Amber, Al, Sheila and Scott

The Daher Family said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, I will know soon what you are going through. On the day you lost your little Addison, I found out that in addition to CDH my little girl Ava has severe heart problems and its almost certain she won't make it. She is due in May. If you ever need to talk, please let me know. Ava is my first child as Addison is yours, and I understand going from the highest highs of being excited about your pregnancy to the lowest lows and losing your angel, and everything in between. God bless you and your family.

~Lisa (mommy to Ava, due 5/16/09)
www.caringbridge.org/visit/avarosedaher