Tuesday, February 10, 2009

UCSF Appointments

Yesterday, we had a busy afternoon. We met with the social worker and Neonatologist, toured labor and delivery, toured the NICU, had antenatal testing, and had an OB appointment. It was nice to talk to the Neonatologist and discuss Addison's immediate and long term care plan. When we toured the NICU, we were able to meet a family whose little girl is also being treated for CDH.

Addison did great during antenatal testing. She was a little sleepy at the beginning, but they gave me some chocolate and she got very active.

The OB checked my cervix and I am now dilated to 2 cm, but it seems that my contractions are under control with the medication. He set an induction date of March 4, 2009 assuming she does not decide to come earlier.

3 comments:

Liz and Shane said...

Wow, you were busy. Make sure you take it easy and rest and put your feet up. Everyone in NICU is was so nice to us when Nayeli was there. What worked for Nayeli to have her stay awake in utero was eating a blow pop. It worked each time.
thinking of you

Maxton's Mommy said...

My induction date is on the 2nd.. but they won't start the petocin until the 3rd.. so maybe our babies will be born one day apart. :-) I am really thinking he isn't gonna stay in there that long, but we will see. Thinking of you guys and little addison! :-)

Fer said...

I'm keeping you in my prayers.