Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

I wanted to wish everyone a very Happy Easter. My family came into town for the long weekend and have joined Jason and I to the Easter festivities at church.

Yesterday was a hard day for me. It was the month anniversary of Addison's angel day. It is hard to believe that she has been gone for a month. I continue to search for the reason why she was taken from me. I know that God has a plan and that my time with her was a blessing and an immeasurable gift, but I really wish that I had had more time with her or that things had turned out differently. Today after the service, Jason and I went to go and tell our angel "Happy Easter" and to place an Easter Lily at her grave.

I want everyone to continue to pray for baby Kaden. He had a trial run off of ECMO today and needs lots of prayers for healing and for his family to remain strong over the days to come. i also want everyone to pray for the couple at our church whose baby was diagnosed with CDH. They are headed to UCSF tomorrow for another opinion on the severity of defect.

7 comments:

Maxton's Mommy said...

Happy Easter. I am excited about meeting you tomorrow too! Should be fun...

Liz and Shane said...

Happy Easter!
Thank you for the wonderful gift. We have it in Nayeli's room.

Alicia said...

I pray for you, Angel Addison and your husband. Your thoughts are similar to those of my daughter. I don't know if you (we) will ever understand what happened or actually why it happened. Some days will be better than others and I hope some day we will look back and find some answers.

Rejoice in today's reason for celebration... I'll be praying for God to help you find comfort during this difficult times.

With much love,
Carla's mom

Stephanie said...

Happy Easter to you too. I know that your sweet Angel Addison felt your love today, as she does every day, I'm sure. Shawn and I pray that you and your family are able to find peace and comfort through this difficult time.

Love,
Stephanie
Brooke and Kamryn's Mommy

The Creekbaums said...

I'm thinking of you...oh, how I remember the 1 week angelversary, 1 month, 2 month, 3 month...and now we are approaching a year. Although I didn't believe when someone else told me this -but the pain does ease as time progresses (or either we become more numb to it).
However, the crosses you are sending the CDH babies are gorgeous. With your permission, I'd like to copy your idea. Can you email me as to how you made them?
Thanks and many prayers for y'all!
Leigh Creekbaum, mom to Grayton Karleigh Creekbaum 5/9/08 - 6/22/08
thecreekbaums.blogspot.com
leigh.creekbaum@ubs.com

Bethany said...

Praying that God will give you understanding and heal your heart. I know it's hard. I remember counting the days and weeks and months, but it does get easier. It never goes away (and not that we want it to), but it does get easier.

Bethany

Jaime Smith said...

Although I do not know you, I think of you daily and your angel Addison. I pray for comfort for you as I know how this process of grieving is much more difficult than most know (thank god for that). I hope you had a good Easter.

BIG HUGS,
Jaime, mommy of angel Ryann