Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Update

It has been a while since I last posted. I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday! Jason and I went back to Mississippi for Christmas. While we were home, a few family friends gave us a baby shower. It was so wonderful to celebrate little Addison without thinking about CDH. Everyone at home is so supportive.

I went to the doctor yesterday and today. Yesterday, they checked Addison's growth. She is about 3lbs 2 ozs and has no fluid build up in in chest or abdomen. We actually saw quite a bit of lung tissue on the right side and she is practice breathing. The only negative is that my amniotic fluid level is starting to creep up. They are going to continue to watch it and if it continues to creep up, they are going to put me on bed rest for the remainder of the pregnancy.

Today, they found sugar in my urine and my blood sugar was on the high side of normal. The doctor told me to cut out all refined sugar and limit my carb intake over the next two weeks and they will test it again.

2 comments:

Liz and Shane said...

I am glad you posted. I think of you and Addi. I have you in my prayers. I had high fluid too. It came down a week before I was induced. I hope your fluid goes down. I know it can get uncomfortable. Keep your feet elevated and get lots of rest.

Fer said...

Hello, I found your blog through Nayeli's and just wanted to tell you that I am praying for little Addison.

Fer
Mom to Juan Pablo (RCDH) and CHERUBS Mexican Rep.