Thursday, December 18, 2008

UCSF Update

We went to San Francisco on Monday night to meet with the UCSF team on Tuesday. After all the tests, it was determined that the LHR that was given to us in Cincinnati was lower than the one calculated at UCSF. At UCSF, the LHR was in the range .9 to 1.4. After a lot if thought and prayer, Jason and I decided that with her LHR being higher; it was not worth the risk of the surgery. We are praying that GOD will continue to bless us and give her the strength to grow and develop.

I thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers. It really helps having a group behind you that understands and can really support you!

I go to the doctor today for my glucose test and then on Friday for her weekly check up and stress test. Keep us in your prayers!

3 comments:

Lindsey Goodwin said...

Yay! I found you! I just want you and Jason to know that you have a big group of supporters here in the Bay Area. If you need to come back out to SF to deliver Addison, then you and your family are welcome at our house throughout the process. Also, my sister has offered their guest room as well. You are like family to us and we have been praying for you. I know this is all going to work out.

Liz and Shane said...

That is great news! Addison continue to fight this CDH battle. We have you in our prayers.

Hope for congenital diaphragmatic hernia said...

Hello I just came accross your blog and just wanted you to know that babies DO survive CDH. Yes they face quite the odds. (Our daughter was given 20-30% chance of surviving.) My daughter, Ava, was born August 06 at CHOP. We live in Iowa and traveled 16 hours, eight weeks prior to her delivery, for a great doctor and hospital care. She fought hard but we brought her home at 47 days old. She grew to be normal and healthy for 2 years then unfortunately her gortex patch came apart and she was very ill again. We are still dealing with the horrible after effects of CDH but just know that I wouldn't trade a second of it to have Ava. She is such a blessing sent from God. To read our story....htto://avaslifewithcdh.blogspot.com If there is anything I can do to help please let me know. I will pray for peace during this long, hard journey. It will be okay. You will make it through. God Bless!

~Terri Helmick