Tuesday, January 27, 2009

33 Weeks

I went to the doctor yesterday for my weekly appointment to check on Addison's well being. The doctor told us that she looks good and is practice breathing very well and is very active which is a good sign. he told us only happy babies practice breathe and move around a lot.

My AFL is staying about the same. It was up a little, but the doctor told me not to worry too much about it since elevated AFL is common with congenital defects.

I only have 3 1/2 weeks left until Jason and head out to San Francisco. Part of me wants to speed up the time and get there faster and the other part wants to stop time. I guess it is the fear of the unknown.

Also, I wanted to thank all of you for the kind words to my post last week. I am much better now. Between your kind words and lots of prayers, I am at peace with the battle that is ahead of me and primarily little Addison. I just have to be reminded that everything happens for a reason and you do not always know why until the whole ordeal is over. All I know is that regardless of the outcome this whole experience has changed Jason and I both for the best. I will never take anything for granted again and I am now focused on what really matters in this world and that is people and god.

3 comments:

BeBe said...

Marion,

My heart hurts for you because of the burden you and Jason are carrying. But, as you know, God will hold you up and take you both through all of this. Your dad came in while I was reading your post and the last sentence really touched both of us. There is a reason for all this. Why? I have no clue.

I was reading an update of someone on caring bridge and she quoted this scripture which I thought was so appropriate for ya'll. I hope you draw strength from it.

Isaiah 43:1,2,4: “. . . Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you. . . .

Since you were precious in My sight, you have been honored, and I have loved you

Love,
Sherry

Fer said...

Dear Marion,

I'll keep praying for you and lil Addison. You are not alone :)
Fer

Liz and Shane said...

I know how making at peace with everything is. I did that too a few weeks before getting induced. We are praying that God gives you the stregth to help you be strong through this and carry you. Let me know if its ok to see you while you are at SF. Shane told one of our favorite nurses in the NICU about you and Addison.