Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

This weekend was really hard for Jason and I. We conceived Addison a year ago yesterday and today is Father's Day! I am really proud to call Jason my husband and I fell in love with all over again when I saw how he looked at our little girl. He is the best daddy any little girl could have wished for. I just hope that God will bless us with another one of his miracles and allow us to keep him or her for a while. I want to see that look in my husbands eyes again. I guess it is the unconditional love of a father that I saw when he looked at Addison.

Today, we spent the day together doing whatever he wanted. First we went to the gym for a good long workout and lunch and then headed to Harry's for dinner ingredients. We then decided to go to the movies to see the "The Hangover". It was really good to laugh that much. Tonight we are cooking dinner at home: Steak, crab cakes, shrimp and corn! We are also opening a bottle of wine from the cellar: Oracle. A very special wine for a very special occasion!

I want to wish all father's a Happy Father's Day! I know how much my father means to me and how grateful I am to be his daughter.

4 comments:

Maxton's Mommy said...

Happy Fathers Day Jason!!! :-) I hope you guys have a good day today.

Ash

FaithCDH said...

I will never forget the look in my husbands eyes the day he became a daddy. It is truly amazing I agree.

Glad to hear that you had a special dinner.

Take care,

Amy Miles

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day, Jason!!!

There's something about daddy's and their little girls isn't there? I remember that look in Ashley's eyes too. It's etched in my memory forever.

You two both are so amazing, Marion. I know I tell you that all the time but you truly are. I hope that Jason had a great day and we cannot wait to see y'all soon!

Love you tons, M!

Liz and Shane said...

Marion and Jason we are thinking of you. I think of your precious Addison every night.