Friday, May 8, 2009

Update

It has been a while since I posted and wanted to give everyone and update. Jason and I are doing pretty good. I have decided to run/walk a half marathon on October 31st and started training this week. I had no idea how out of shape I am, but you have to start somewhere. I am going to do the Susan G. Kolmen 5K this weekend in honor of my friend Tracy's mom.

Jason has decided to pursue his passion of photography (www.acordphoto.com). Addison inspired him in 22 days to do something that I have told him to pursue for years.

I am also keeping myself busy planning fundraisers for The Parker Reese Foundation in Atlanta. I am working on a picture party (Thanks to the Hoffmans), a wine tasting (CDH Uncorked), and a Fun Run in memory of Addison. I hope to have the picture event this summer and the run in February or March of 2010, and the wine tasting is planned for November 14, 2009. I have also sent the CDh Day of Prayer information to my church, RUMC, and to many churches in my hometown (Thanks to my mom). I have never found anything that I am so passionate about as helping other CDH families and Parker Reese is an amazing foundation and I thank God everyday that Jes is letting me help out.

I miss my little angel everyday, but know that God is using this to inspire me to make a difference. My baby girl touched more lives in 22 days than some people do in a lifetime and I know she is the reason that I have been lead down this path and she will touch lives every time I raise awareness or money for CDH. I had bracelets made in her memory and have been handing them out and telling her story. I just hope that everyone who receives the braclets tells at least one person about CDH and that person tells one person and so on. I hope one day in the near future that everyone will be aware of CDH and will have the drive to eliminate or contain this birth defect.

I also want to wish all CDH moms a very Happy Mother's Day! If you are blessed with a survivor, hold on to them tight this weekend, and if your little one is an angel, know that they are all looking down upon us and sending love through the small everyday miracles. We just need to stop long enough to see the beauty that is around us and see our angel's faces in the rainbows, flowers, etc. They have never left us; they are here in our hearts and in all the wonderful things that Gods has to offer in the world.

5 comments:

Liz and Shane said...

Marion and Jason,
Not a day goes by that I don't think about Addison.
I miss running I hope I can get back into doing that again. That is wonderful that you are doing a marathon. That is great that Jason is following his passion and dreams.
You are right about seeing Addison around us. She is smiling and down at what the wonderful things she is doing through you. Happy Mothers day.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what I would do without you. I really don't, Marion. God brought you into my life at the perfect time and I am forever grateful for the friendship we've created. I look forward to many smiles, laughs and crys with you.

You are such a blessing to the foundation. I know that Addison is so proud of you.

Thank you for being you! And I'm going to start training myself to run in that 5k. I might be walking halfway through but I promise you I'll finish it.

Love you girl!
Jes

gaudettegirl said...

Marion,
You are an amazing woman, mom and friend! I am blessed that God brought you into my life! You are such an inspiration. I promise to be up and running with you soon. May God's hand continue to guide you both - AMAZING!

Stephanie said...

Marion,

You're just amazing!!! I can see the drive and spirit that Addison has put in you. So amazing! I think of you all the time now, and I just want you to know that you have touched my heart as well as so many others. Thank you for that.

Stephanie
Brooke and Kamryn's mommy

CDHi Admin said...

Hi Marion! Thank you so much for sending your church info and for all you're doing for CDH Awareness!!! Anytime you want to help more CDH families, let us at CHERUBS know - we have TONS of projects going on!!! :)