It was one year ago today that Addison was diagnosed with CDH during our 19 week ultrasound. I remember that day like it was moments ago. At that time, I had no idea what God had instore for me. I have never been so afraid and panicked at the same time. I can honestly tell you that the last year has not brought me the things that I hoped and prayed for that day and the many days that followed, but I guess God had other plans for me. Through CDH and my daughter, I have found the following:
1. Who I really am and who I want to be
2. Many of my best friends
3. What true strength looks like
4. That God's love cannot be measured and is always with you no matter how bad it gets
5. God has plans for our lives that we cannot even imagine; we just have to open our hearts and minds to his plans and our lives will be better than ever imagined.
6. Being a mom is the greatest feeling in the world and a daughter's love is indescribable.
Many thanks to all of you who have lended your hearts, souls and kind words to me during the last year. I can never tell you how much it has all meant to Jason and I. It is sad that many time you have to go through a tragedy that you truly see God's love.
Cardiologist... what is normal?
1 week ago